T&T Supermarket Inc. was founded in 1993 with two stores in BC, Canada. Since then, it has expanded rapidly to become Canada’s largest Asian supermarket chain with 29 stores across the country: 13 in Metro Vancouver, 6 in Alberta, and 10 in Ontario (8 in GTA, 1 in Ottawa and 1 in Waterloo). The company continues to grow and more new stores are coming, including our first store in Montreal, Quebec which will open in 2022/2023.
Reporting to the Department Head (or his/her delegate), the Supervisor Trainee is responsible for supporting the Department Head (DH) and Assistant Department Head (ADH) in providing guidance, and supervision and set as a good example for Store Assistants to follow.
- Provide guidance and supervision to Store Associates, ensure fair distribution of work and daily operational procedures are strictly executed
- Assist department leaders to train staff, provide feedback on staff performance, and maintain daily operations as and when required
- Manage product quality, food safety, and freshness and ensure company policies are strictly practiced within the department
- Handle customers’ complaints, deliver exceptional customer service and relate customer feedback to department leaders
- Conduct quality and inventory control, responsible for equipment and tools maintenance, follow up and the cleanliness, hygiene and workplace safety of the department
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
- Recent college/university graduates preferably from a business-related discipline; experienced applicants possessing fewer qualifications may also apply
- Has a keen interest in developing a career in the supermarket/retail business
- Accountable, pleasant and self-motived
- A good team player
- Possess great interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good communication skills, bilingual in English and Chinese (Cantonese &/or Mandarin) is a definite advantage
- Some experience in customer services and/or store operation is highly preferred
- Possess good computer skills in MS Office
How to Apply
T&T Supermarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.