Bootlegger is on a hiring spree. Apply to their job openings today!
The Assistant Manager partners with the Store Manager to maximize sales and profits by achieving business metrics goals including sales goals, ensuring excellent customer experience is provided at all times, and by consistently maintaining all aspects of day to day operations of the store and people. Leads and promotes cooperation and commitment within the team to achieve objectives, desired goals, and deliverables. Enables associates to grow and succeed by providing instruction, feedback, and encouragement. Oversee business operations in the absence of the Store Manager.
- RESULTS ORIENTED: Generating results through a collaborative partnership with the Store Manager. Enabling associates to work effectively with and through teams to achieve the results the business requires, at the appropriate moment and within the given deadlines. Holds self and others accountable for achieving financial and other measurable objectives. Anticipates and meets the needs of the customer by providing a great customer experience through actions and behaviours.
- DEVELOPMENT OF OTHERS /SUCCESSION PLANNING: Actively works to improve the performance of oneself and others by pursuing opportunities for continuous learning and feedback; constructively helps and coaches others in their development of skills; exhibits a can-do approach and inspires associates to excel. Develops brand ambassadors that deliver a customer experience that supports our philosophy. Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement. Partners with the Store Manager to identify learning and development opportunities for associates; develop talent, and to meet succession planning needs.
- IMPACT/INFLUENCE: Gets others excited about and committed to furthering the organization’s goals and objectives. Promotes the mission, vision, values and uses those principles to guide actions and behaviours for internal and external customers. Makes a positive impression, has a presence, with the ability to engage and interact with others adapting to their style accordingly.
- TEAMWORK / ENGAGEMENT: Fosters the culture of teamwork through ownership and accountability. Operates with honesty and is transparent in actions, tasks, and expectations. Works well with all individuals to provide support, coaching, encouragement, direction, and feedback. Supports building and maintaining a team focused on providing a great experience (service & environment). Engages others to enthusiastically participate in the attainment and advancement of organizational goals and strategies.
- MANAGING / LEADING CHANGE: Promote, advocates and embraces change. Is able to partner with the Store Manager to get others to buy in to change. Analyze the internal and external environment in order to identify current and future opportunities, challenges and risks and informs the Store Manager. Maintains focus and positive attitude amidst change; under pressure; as situations or objectives evolve. Effectively supports and guides the team to deliver goals and objectives that enhance the customer experience.
Assist the Store Leader and Assistant Manager to maximize sales and profits by achieving sales goals, ensuring excellent customer service is provided at all times, and maintaining all aspects of the day to day operations of the store. Oversee store operations and personnel in the absence of the Store Leader or Assistant Manager.
Meets and exceeds individual sales goals by utilizing personal and team selling techniques, and maintains performance standards.
- Achieves profit goals by assisting the Store Leader and Assistant Manager in ensuring that the associates are aware of daily and weekly productivity goals.
- Provides excellent customer service and a comfortable shopping atmosphere through leadership by example and assisting the Store Leader and Assistant Manager with orientating, training and coaching.
- Effectively delegates tasks to appropriate Associates and follows up in a timely and professional manner.
- Assists in controlling inventory shrinkage by ensuring all customers receive excellent service; all operations and record-keeping standards, policies, and procedures are followed.
- Maintains store operations standards by ensuring accurate, timely processes with the following policies and procedures: opening and closing, markdowns, point of sale transactions, and forms, etc.
- Visually presents merchandise and signage on the sales floor by following the standards provided by the Visual Display
- Department, and ensures new merchandise is unpacked and properly placed on the sales floor in a timely manner.
Meets and exceeds individual sales goals by utilizing personal and team selling techniques and providing excellent customer service.
- Provides excellent customer service by: – Greeting within set standards. – Asking questions to discover customer needs. – Knowing and explaining the features and benefits of merchandise. – Suggestively selling by showing additional merchandise. – Overcoming objections and closing the sale appropriately. – Escorting customers in and out of the fitting rooms, showing additional merchandise and being attentive to their needs in the fitting rooms. – Handling multiple customers efficiently. – Being friendly, sincere and courteous in all customer relations
- Works effectively with others by maintaining positive, team-oriented relations with all associates and communicating effectively with others.
- Protects the store inventory by providing excellent customer service, knowing and following loss prevention procedures, and sharing any suspected policy violations with the store manager or regional supervisor.
- Merchandises the store by displaying fashion looks throughout the selling area.
- Maintains the store’s appearance by straightening merchandise and cleaning.
- Supports store operations by accurately and efficiently completing POS terminal transactions and other record-keeping procedures; by knowing and complying with all policies and procedures.
- Stocks the store by unpacking and preparing new merchandise for the sales floor in a timely manner.
- Develops merchandise knowledge by reading and listening to the information provided.
Previous successful management experience is required. Must be a team player with good communication, people management, and organization skills. Through behaviours and actions demonstrate a commitment to the Company’s Mission Statement, Vision, and Core Values/Principles. Is an Ambassador of the Brand.
Our employees receive competitive wages, great discounts, recognition for individual and team efforts, personal and professional development and opportunities for advancement. Bootlegger embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity.
Work requires an appropriate number of hours, nights, weekends. Physical requirements include sustained standing and walking within the store; frequent, but not continuous, light effort to unpack and prepare merchandise which may require working with freight boxes weighing up to 22 kilograms, hanging garments, and/or working on ladders.