Job Title: Sales Supervisor
Reports To: Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Support the Store Manager in the overall performance of the Store by maximizing sales potential and controlling expenses and shrinkage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
-Assist the Store Manager in coordinating Store activities in order to achieve Store sales plan and profit.
– Provide leadership and support to the Store Associates in order to ensure that all aspects of Guest service are being provided.
– Effectively merchandise, sign and price Store in accordance with Company guidelines.
– Manage loss prevention techniques in order to reduce shrinkage.
– Assist Manager in completing all sales and inventory paperwork.
– Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and /or Experience
– High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years’ supervisory experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience and be at least 18 years of age.
– Ability to understand the Microsoft Windows environment.
– Ability to operate POS system.
– Ability to read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence and memos.
– Ability to write simple correspondence.
– Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and other associates of the organization.
– Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
– Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
– Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
– Ability to deal with problems involving multiple variables.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Must have excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
– Must be able to dress in a costume during the Halloween season and /or during a marketing promotion as necessary.
– Must be at least 18 years of age. (Exceptions must have Regional Sales Manager & Human Resources approval.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to:
– Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
– Use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms.
– Climb or balance, regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
– Talk and hear.
– Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception.
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Associates in this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to qualified disabled individuals for the performance of essential duties and responsibilities.