American Eagle Outfitters is looking for a Merchandising Lead!
The Merchandising Lead is responsible for positively impacting the customer’s experience by supporting the Merchandising DOR in implementing floorsets and Company directed marketing and merchandising updates. The Merchandising Lead assists store leadership in all aspects of replenishment including Fill the Floor, power opens, power closes, and adjustments. The Merchandising Lead is expected to role model AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviours in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience.
POSITION TITLE: Merchandising Lead
REPORTS TO: Store Management Team
STATUS: Full-Time or Part-Time
- Provide training and coaching to floorset team on floorset process which will include preparing merchandise for upper displays, bust forms, wall bays, wardrobes, and tables.
- Communicate clear priorities and productivity goals for floorset team and hold self and team accountable for achieving them.
- Provide store management with productivity updates; proactively identify and communicate Associate performance issues.
- Oversee and execute floorsets and company directed marketing and merchandising updates.
- Lead efficient and effective day to day store merchandising by ensuring that the store team understands and maintains AEO brand standards and sell through adjustments are held true to the floorset overview.
- Partner with Merchandising DOR to ensure all aspects of replenishment are properly executed – Fill the Floor, power closes, power opens and merchandise adjustments.
- Perform “level-sets” and make sure the store is replenished by pushing all goods to the floor.
- Recognize and communicate merchandising opportunities to store management in a timely manner; partner with Store Manager and/or Merchandising DOR to develop and execute action plans for resolution.
- Champion internal recognition and company contests.
- Hold self and the merchandise team accountable for maintaining a customer focused environment when operating during business hours.
- Be aware of and adhere to all Loss Prevention policies and advise management of any unusual internal or external activity.
- Communicate all employee accidents/injuries to store leadership immediately.
- Understand and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain authority to secure the store at closing.
- Will not be responsible for the processing of nightly deposits and media.
- Must be at least 18 years of age in order to meet after hours scheduling requirements.
- Minimum 1 year retail experience preferred; team leader experience preferred but not required.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Available to work a flexible schedule (subject to applicable law) to include early mornings, late evenings, holidays, weekends. Overnight shifts will also be required.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a fast‐paced and deadline‐oriented environment.
- Strong retail merchandising and visual skills preferred.
- Ability to stand and move for long periods of time, bend, stretch, and carry visual props and merchandise.
- Proficient with technology.
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal and provincial equal employment opportunity and human rights laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against associates and applicants for employment because of the individual’s race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground protected by applicable human rights legislation. This applies to all AEO activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with applicable law.
Please apply in-store or online at www.aeo.jobs