T&T Supermarket Inc. was founded in 1993 with two stores in BC, Canada. Since then, it has expanded rapidly to become Canada’s largest Asian supermarket chain with 29 stores across the country: 13 in Metro Vancouver, 6 in Alberta, and 10 in Ontario (8 in GTA, 1 in Ottawa and 1 in Waterloo). The company continues to grow and more new stores are coming, including our first store in Montreal, Quebec which will open in 2022/2023.
Reporting to the regional Operations Trainer and the assigned store’s Department Head, the Assistant Department Head Trainee (ADHT) will undergo an intensive training program for the purpose of familiarizing with the operation know-how, department daily routines, management development techniques, and learn how to run a department with profit and loss accountabilities. Upon satisfactory completion of the ADHT Program, the trainees will then assume ADH responsibilities of the assigned department based on their assessment results and will be responsible for delivering ADH duties and responsibilities, and to provide support to the assigned Department Heads and Store Managers.
- Assist the Department Head (DH) to manage the assigned department performance and attain its goals; manage merchandises, place orders, plan and execute promotional activities to achieve department goal
- Assist the Department Head to manage and supervise the assigned department’s daily operation and staff performance
- Provide coaching, on-the-job training, shadowing, guidance and supervision to department staff
- Collect and analyze market information, and design response measure
- Promote teamwork and create an inclusive working environment
- Lead by example by performing all hands on duties required in the assigned department
- Maximize customers’ satisfaction, handle customers’ complaints
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
- Recent college/university graduates preferably from a business related discipline; experienced applicants possessing less qualification may also apply
- Some related experience in retail, grocery, merchandising, management, etc. is required
- Has a keen interest in developing a career in the supermarket/retail business
- Accountable, pleasant and flexible, always take initiative with great leadership skills
- Possess great interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good communication skills, bilingual in English and Chinese (Cantonese &/or Mandarin) is a definite advantage
- Possess good computer skills in MS Office
- Good organization, and problem-solving skills; Able to work independently and within a team
How to Apply
T&T Supermarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.