It’s nearing the end of summer and I’m sad to see the end of hot summer days. But it also means that we get to start planning our fall wardrobes. Fall is my absolute favorite season! Luckily, September and October in BC are still fairly warm, so it is easy to transition many of your summer pieces into fall. Here are my top 5 tips for a stylish transition.
- Layering: Cozy up your favorite summer sleeveless tops with a warm cardigan, pull-over, blazer or light jacket. I love to choose light jackets that pull a colour from the top to create a coordinated outfit. Layer your summer dresses under long, boyfriend style cardigans for a laid back and effortlessly fashionable look.
- Leggings & Tights: Pick up a selection of leggings and tights that you can wear under all your summer dresses. Pair them with ankle boots and a cute, patterned scarf. Blackwell has tons of adorable booties that will pair perfectly with your fall outfits!
- Add Fall Footwear: Swap out your open toed wedges for some closed toed heels. Aldo, Call It Spring and Hudson’s Bay always carry the hottest seasonal colours for heels. If you aren’t a huge fan of high heels, a knee-high boot or Blundstones look cute with almost anything. SoftMoc has a great selection of comfortable, name brand footwear. My go-to store for boots!
- Accessories: Incorporate fall scarves and jewelry into your wardrobe. Add warm, fall tones into your makeup routine. Maybe a fresh pedicure at Nail Studio or a new lipstick from Mac Cosmetics in Hudson’s Bay. I usually like to switch to a fall scent as well. Ask the staff at Perfume Club to help you choose the perfect fall fragrance.
- Purses: Swap out your summer tote for a sophisticated fall bag. I personally love a leather tote bag or a crossbody purse. Choose colours that will compliment most outfits, you really can’t go wrong with neutrals!